When applying for a role, you may be tempted to just send across your resume and hope this is enough to get you on the shortlist! Yet with the
number of applications an employer needs to read through, your cover letter may be that winning factor that gets you across the line.
A cover letter is the personal touch that provides your potential future employer a deeper insight into your personality, motivations, qualifications,
and skills and will show them how interested you are in the position.
1. Make it personal: Personalise your cover letter and tailor it to the specific company and job you are applying for. It should be a short and concise 1–2-page
introduction of yourself. This shows that you have done your research and are truly interested in the position.
2. Give a strong first impression: Your cover letter is often the first thing read and it serves as an introduction to your resume. Ensure your cover letter is
properly formatted and there are no spelling or grammatical errors. Making a strong first impression is crucial in securing an interview.
3. Highlighting your skills and experiences: Your cover letter provides a platform to showcase how your skills and experiences are relevant to
the position you are applying for. Highlight your career milestones and successes and why you would be a great asset to their team. This is a great way
to make a connection between your qualifications and the requirements of the job.
4. Demonstrating your writing skills: A well-written cover letter showcases your writing skills, which are important in many jobs, especially those that require a
high level of communication to customers, business associates or internal staff.
5. Answering the employer’s unspoken questions: A cover letter gives you the opportunity to answer any questions that the employer may have about your
qualifications, experience, and motivation for the job.
Finally, a cover letter allows you to answer any unspoken questions an employer may have about you and let the employer know that you are the perfect fit for the
Stay in the loop subscribe to our eNewsletter
Norwest and Southwest Recruitment provides premium-level recruitment services to companies located in North West, South West of Sydney. Recruiting across Parramatta, Liverpool, Wetherill Park, Baulkham Hills, Castle Hill, Hornsby, Macquarie Park, Ryde, South West Sydney, North West Sydney, Camden, Penrith, Campbelltown, Eastern Creek, Villawood, Northmead, Granville, Oran Park, Seven Hills, Rouse Hills, Emu Plains, Erskine Park, Prestons, Warwick Farm.
LET’S GET IN TOUCH